Libya War News Updates -- April 12, 2011



Libya: William Hague Calls On Nato To Step Up Attacks -- The Telegraph

Nato must step up its air attacks on ground targets in Libya and the first condition of any future ceasefire is a full retreat by Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's forces from rebel held areas, William Hague said today.

Arriving at a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Luxembourg, the Foreign Secretary called on the Alliance to increase the tempo of military strikes and insisted that there could be no peace in Libya until Col. Gaddafi departed.

”We must maintain and intensify our efforts in Nato. That is why the UK has in the last week supplied additional aircraft for striking ground targets threatening the civilian population of Libya,” he said.

”Of course, it would be welcome if other countries also do the same. There is always more to do.”

Related Posts :

Grab The Post URL

URL:
HTML link code:
BB (forum) link code:

Leave a comment

  • Google+
  • 0Blogger
  • Facebook
  • Disqus